As kids start growing and turn into young champions, Parents need to be sure that they eat the right foods. The food which has right nutrition for child and is tasty too. To prevent them from falling sick later, you need to ensure that they are eating healthy nutritious foods that will nourish their bodies. Coconut is one special fruit which is nutrition packed healthy for all age groups and best way to beat this summer heat. Coconut water is a healthy and nutritious liquid which is low in fat and contains the following minerals; iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium.
Check out these 9 health benefits of Coconut water for kids:
- Coconut is a good source of rehydration. During summer season, instead of giving you kids’ packaged fruits juices which are really not healthy for them, an alternative choice is to give them coconut water. It is sweet, has all the necessary minerals and vitamins and very low in calories.
- Coconut water is also known to have antibacterial properties. Coconut water has been known to kill bacteria species in both positive and negative gram categories.
- It boosts the health of your skin. Drinking coconut water will moisturize your child’s skin and eliminate excess oil. It also prevents blemishes and acne from showing up on their skin when applied locally.
- Coconut water also aids in digestion. Drinking lots of fluids is advised by doctors because it aids the digestion process. What could be better fluid than coconut water which is very rich in fiber and reduces the occurrence of acid reflux too?
- Coconut water helps in developing strong bones too. It is very rich in calcium which is necessary for the development of strong bones.
- Coconut water acts as a diuretic, hence it can treat and prevent urinary tract infections too. So giving your kids coconut water can prevent urinary tract infections and also keep their digestion process smooth.
- Coconut water can prevent muscle cramps too. Cramps are caused by the lack of potassium in the body. Coconut water is very rich in potassium and should be given to your kids especially if they are involved in sports.
- Coconut water is wonder drink in treating vomiting. So if your kids are suffering from diarrhoea, it is best drink to give them relief. Not only it will serve as healthy energy drink but also it will replenish essential nutrients which get lost due to diarrhoea and vomiting.
- It is a great energy booster. The amount of vitamins and minerals in coconut water makes it a special “energy booster” drink. By giving it to your kids daily, they will feel energized and ready to go.
Coconut is such a wonderful product that you can also use it in the oil form too. Here are some ways you can use coconut oil to help your kids.
- Coconut oil helps in getting relief from bug bites and stings. Apply it directly on the skin and it can relieve the burning and itching sensation.
- It helps in baby acne. By rubbing coconut oil on the affected area, you can be sure that your kids will have a smooth and flawless skin.
- It reduces the swelling and redness caused during a fall or bruises. This is one of best uses of coconut oil.
- It also helps in offering relief from sun burn.
- It helps in reducing cradle cap. This is a form of dry skin that affects babies as they are growing up. So all you need to do is pour a few drops of coconut oil on your palms and rub over the affected area.
- Are your kids suffering from rashes? Then apply coconut oil to the affected area.
- Coconut oil is a very good oil for use in baby massage. When giving your baby a massage, use coconut oil. With its sweet smell and relaxing properties, your baby will feel good in no time.
These are some health benefits of coconut oil. Apart from this coconut has been part of various Indian food recipes too. So coconut, either in the liquid or oil form or as a whole fruit is a valuable addition to your kid’s diet. Start using it today and you will definitely notice the difference.
How do you use coconut in your daily lives? Did you find this article informational? Share your views with us. We love to hear from you.